Saturday 19 April 1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Paramount on Parade, directed by Dorothy Arzner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1930!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1930 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Dick Sargent: American actor who was best known as the second Darrin on the TV series "Bewitched" when he replaced Dick York in 1969, maintaining the role until the show ended in 1972.
- David Martin: American advertising executive, author and painter.
- Jacques Luzeau: French furniture and interior designer.
- Ewan Jamieson: New Zealand air marshal (d. 2013).
- Georges-Casimir Dessaulles: Canadian senator (Born 1827).
- 34th Boston Marathon won by Clarence DeMar (his 7th win) of Massachusetts in 2:34:48.2.
- Warner Bros. release their first cartoon series called 'Looney Tunes' which runs until 1970.
- A fire in the Ohio Penitentiary in Columbus kills 320 people.
- The Turkestan-Siberia Railway is completed.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 April 1930 and get them!