Sunday 19 April 1931
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Drácula, directed by George Melford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1931!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1931 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Alex Webster: football coach (New York Giants).
- Hendrick J: "Kobie" Coetsee in South Africa; minister of Defense/Justice.
- Denis Henry: British high court judge.
- Brewster Atwater: American merchandising marketing specialist and CEO of General Mills.
- Roger Rey: France sport Champion.
- Mohammad Ali: Movie Actor
- Garfield Morgan: Brtish actor (Odessa File, To Catch a Spy)
- Walter Stewart: Canadian journalist and author (d. 2004)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 April 1931 and get them!