Wednesday 19 April 1933
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jayne Mansfield [Vera Jane Palmer] in Bryn Mawr and Dick Sargent in Carmel.
The Three Musketeers, directed by Colbert Clark, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1933!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1933 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Jayne Mansfield [Vera Jane Palmer] in Bryn Mawr: Pennsylvania, USA; actress (Guide for the Married Man, Girl Can't Help It, Too Hot to Handle).
- Dick Sargent in Carmel: California, USA; actor (Darrin - Bewitched).
- Jayne Mansfield: American stage and film actress who found success with the Broadway production, "Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter?" In Hollywood, she contracted with 20th Century Fox to replace Marilyn Monroe in "B" pictures.
- Jean Rouqueirol: France sport Champion.
- Dickie Bird: English cricketer and umpire.
- Philip Wroughton: English captain and politician Lord Lieutenant of Berkshire
- FDR announces US will leave gold standard
- 37th Boston Marathon won by Leslie Pawson of Rhode Island in 2:31:01.6.
- Franklin Roosevelt announces US will leave the gold standard.
- The United States officially goes off the gold standard.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?