Saturday 19 April 1941
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Ziegfeld Girl, directed by Robert Z. Leonard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1941!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1941 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Roberto Carlos: Brazilian musician, an equivalent of Elvis Presley for popularity as a singer and composer.
- Steven Howard: American suicide who, while high on LSD, shot himself to death on 3/17-18/1966, Los Angeles, CA.
- Priit Aimla: Estonian author poet and playwright.
- Michel Roux: French-English chef and author.
- Bobby Russell: Song writer (Honey, Little Green Apples), dies at 52.
- Johanna Muller-Hermann: Austrian composer and pedagogue (Born 1878).
- Milk rationed in Holland
- 45th Boston Marathon won by Leslie Pawson of Rhode Island in 2:30:38.
- Bulgarian troops invade Macedonia.
- Bertolt Brecht's anti-war play ''Mother Courage and Her Children'' () receives its first theatrical production at the Schauspielhaus Zürich.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 April 1941 and get them!