Sunday 19 April 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Saboteur, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1942!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1942 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Alan Price: British musician, an organist, one of the most popular in London for his club act by 1994.
- Frank Elstner: German television presenter.
- Bas Jan Ader: Dutch artist (disappeared 1975).
- Larry Ramos: American musician, a singer, guitarist and saxophonist with the original harmonic group; "The Association.
- André Blandin: French race horse trainer and jockey.
- Bas Ader: Dutch-American photographer and director (d. 1975)
- Jack Roush: American businessman founded Roush Fenway Racing
- Maarten van den Bergh: American-Dutch businessman
- 46th Boston Marathon won by Joe Smith of Massachusetts in 2:26:51.2.
- World War II: In Poland, the Majdan-Tatarski ghetto is established, situated between the Lublin Ghetto and a Majdanek subcamp.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?