Monday 19 April 1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
I Walked with a Zombie, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1943!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1943 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Mike Kelly: rocker (Duprees).
- Bernard Blais: French magistrate, the Attorney General of Agen.
- Eve Graham: Scottish member of the band "New Seekers," who enjoyed commercial success throughout the U.S.
- Margo MacDonald: Trained as a physical education teacher, she was a Scottish politician and former Scottish National Party (SNP) Member of Parliament (MP) and Deputy Leader.
- Kwen Parsons: American son of noted occultists, being the offspring of lovers Wilfred Talbot Smith and Helen Parsons, wife of Jack Parsons who was recorded as the father of the child on the birth certificate.
- Lorenzo Sanz: Spanish businessman
- Jews attack Nazi occupation forces at Warsaw Ghetto
- World War II: In Poland, German troops enter the Warsaw ghetto to round up the remaining Jews, beginning the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising.
- Bicycle Day : Swiss chemist Dr. Albert Hofmann deliberately takes LSD for the first time.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?