Wednesday 19 April 1944
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Double Indemnity, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1944!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1944 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Mark "Flo" Volman rocker (Flo and Eddie: Turtles - "Eleanor")/DJ (WKRK).
- Bernard Worrell: American keyboardist (Funkadelic - "Cosmic Slop").
- Margo MacDonald: Scottish national broadcaster.
- Daniel Richard: French engineer, businessman and political activist.
- Andrew Welsh: Scottish politician, a National Party Member of Parliament returned at General Election 6/11/1987.
- Keith Erickson: American basketball player and sportscaster
- James Heckman: American economist and academic Nobel Prize laureate
- Bernie Worrell: American keyboard player and songwriter (Parliament-Funkadelic Praxis and Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains)
- Tommy Hitchcock: polo player (Westchester Cup 1924, 1927), dies at age 44.
- Allied fleet attack Sabang Sumatra.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1944 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'll Get By (As Long As I Have You) - Harry James & His Orchestra (Vocal Dick Haymes)
- Bing Crosby - I Love You
- It's Love-Love-Love - Four King Sisters
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 April 1944 and get them!