Thursday 19 April 1945
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Blood on the Sun, directed by Frank Lloyd, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1945!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1945 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Marcus Blackmore: Australian naturopath and businessman, the chairman of Blackmores, the largest nutraceutical/vitamin company in the southern hemisphere.
- Nuria Ortiz: Mexico -- Skeet shooter (1968 Olympics - 13th Place).
- J P Heyboer: resistance fighter, is executed.
- Rodgers and Hammerstein musical Carousel opens on Broadway
- US aircraft carrier Franklin is heavily damaged in Japanese air raid.
- US offensive against Shuri-barrier on Okinawa
- 49th Boston Marathon won by John A Kelley of Massachusetts in 2:30:40.2.
- Diplomatic relations between the Soviet Union and Guatemala are established.
- Heinrich Himmler, through Count Bernadotte, puts forth an offer of German surrender to the Western Allies, but not the Soviet Union.
- Adolf Hitler concedes defeat in his underground Berlin bunker after learning Felix Steiner could not mobilize enough men to launch a counterattack on the Soviets who had just broken through Germany.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1945 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- My Dreams are Getting Better All the Time - Johnny Long & His Orchestra
- Woody Herman & His Orchestra - Laura
- Just a Prayer Away - Bing Crosby with Ethel Smith (Organ)
- Freddy Martin & His Orchestra - Dream
- Laura - Jerry Wald & His Orchestra
- Just a Prayer Away - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- All of My Life - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 April 1945 and get them!