Tuesday 19 April 1949
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Myra McCulloch and Patrick Buisson.
Champion, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching The Fred Waring Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1949!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1949 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Myra McCulloch: Teacher academic / administrator.
- Patrick Buisson: French journalist and political activist of the Extreme Right, born to an engineer, he became Sarkozy's adviser (2005-12).
- Paloma Picasso: French designer and noted family.
- Larry Walters: American truck driver and pilot (d. 1993).
- Ulrich Salchow: Swedish figure skater (Born 1877).
- Yankees dedicate a plaque for Babe Ruth
- 53rd Boston Marathon won by Gosta Leandersson of Sweden in 2:31:50.8.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Forever and Ever - Margaret Whiting
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?