Thursday 19 April 1951
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joannes Eidesgaard and Marisa Laurito.
The Thing from Another World, directed by Christian Nyby, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching AMC.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1951!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1951 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Joannes Eidesgaard: Prime Minister of the Faroe Islands.
- Marisa Laurito: Italian singer, brilliant actress and Entertainment hostess.
- Christian Tarin: Belgian race car driver, the co-pilot of Jacky Ickx.
- Barry Brown: American actor and playwright (d. 1978).
- Jóannes Eidesgaard: Faroese educator and politician Prime Minister of the Faroe Islands.
- Tree Grows in Brooklyn opens at Alvin Theater NYC for 267 performances
- Gen Douglas MacArthur ends his military career
- 55th Boston Marathon won by Shigeki Tanaka of Japan in 2:27:45.
- US General Douglas MacArthur ends his military career.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 April 1951
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1951 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Too Young - Nat King Cole (Les Baxter & His Orchestra)
- Mario Lanza - The Loveliest Night Of The Year
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?