Thursday 19 April 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK The Poor People Of Paris by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
The Creature Walks Among Us, directed by John Sherwood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1956!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1956 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Randy Carlyle: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Anne Glover: Scottish biologist and academic.
- Lori West in Denver: Colorado, USA; LPGA golfer (1994 State Farm-5th).
- Lori West: Denver, Colorado -- LPGA golfer (1994 State Farm-5th).
- Sue Barker: British sports presenter, former tennis player.
- 1st ML baseball game in NJ, Dodgers beat Phils in Roosevelt Stadium
- 60th Boston Marathon won by Antti Viskari of Finland in 2:14:14.
- Actress Grace Kelly marries Prince Rainier of Monaco.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1956 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 April 1956 and get them!