Friday 19 April 1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Cumberland Gap by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
The Spirit of St. Louis, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1957!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1957 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Tony Martin: English singer-songwriter (Black Sabbath Giuntini Project and Empire).
- Bo[as] Watson: Vocalist (Midnight Star-No Parking).
- Mukesh Ambani: Indian businessman.
- Rod Morgenstein: rocker (Winger).
- Belinda Lipscomb: vocalist (Midnight Star - "No Parking").
- Bernard Montiel: French TV show host, appears on French TV channel TF1 programs: " La une est à vous", "Vidéo Gag", and "Surprise sur prise".
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?