Tuesday 19 April 1960
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK My Old Man's A Dustman by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
The Fugitive Kind, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1960!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1960 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Brian Kelly: Composer.
- Ara Gevorgyan: Armenian musician, composer and musical producer.
- Roger Merrett: Australian footballer and coach.
- John Schweitz: American basketball player and coach.
- Frank Viola: American baseball player and coach.
- Nicoletta Braschi: Italian actress, the star of "La Vita E Bella," (Life is Beautiful), directed by her husband, Roberto Benigni and nominated as Best Foreign Film. On Oscar night, 3/21/1999, he joyfully climbed over seats and danced up to the stage to accept the Oscar for 1998's "Best Foreign Language Film" while she beamed.
- Frank Viola in Hempstead: New York, USA; pitcher (Minnesota Twins, New York Mets/Cy Young-1988).
- John Wald: American writer, editor and photographer, a skier and outdoorsman who is a member of the Sierra club, the Appalachian Mt. Club, the Nature Conservancy and the Bicycle Club. A technical rock climber who pioneered several new routes in the Adirondack mountains, he died on 3/24/1996 in an avalanche on Mt. Washington in New Hampshire, age 35.
- 64th Boston Marathon won by Paavo Kotila of Finland in 2:20:54.
- April Revolution: South Korean students hold a nationwide pro-democracy protest against President Syngman Rhee. Thus eventually leads him to resign from that office.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?