Tuesday 19 April 1966
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Veronique Gens and Osamu Matsuda.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to (You're My) Soul And Inspiration by The Righteous Brothers.
In UK Somebody Help Me by The Spencer Davis Group was in the top 5 hits.
Fantômas, directed by Andr Hunebelle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Double Image by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Adrian, der Tulpendieb.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1966!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1966 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Veronique Gens: French soprano.
- Osamu Matsuda: Japanese professional wrestler.
- Randolph Keys: Randolph Keys is a retired American professional basketball player.
- Daniela Nardini: BAFTA award-winning Scottish actress who gained national attention as Anna in the BBC2 series "This Life.
- Véronique Gens: French soprano and actress.
- Brett Gladman: Canadian astronomer and academic
- David La Haye: Canadian actor director producer and screenwriter
- Julia Neigel: German singer, songwriter, producer, author and entertainer
- El Samurai: Japanese wrestler
- Javier Solis: Mexican singer (Born 1931).
- In 1st regular season game at Anaheim Stadium, Angels lose 3-1 to Chic
- Roberta Bignay becomes 1st woman to run in the Boston Marathon
- 70th Boston Marathon won by Kenji Kimihara of Japan in 2:17:11.
- Bobbi Gibb becomes the first woman to run the Boston Marathon.
- An artificial heart is installed in the chest of Marcel DeRudder in a Houston, Texas hospital.
- The opening of the Parliament of the United Kingdom is televised for the first time.
- Haile Selassie visits Jamaica for the first time, meeting with Rasta leaders.
- Ian Brady and Myra Hindley go on trial at Chester Crown Court, for the murders of 3 children who vanished between November 1963 and October 1965.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 April 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Righteous Brothers - (You're My) Soul And Inspiration
- Cher - Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)
- Johnny Rivers - Secret Agent Man
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Daydream
- The Outsiders - Time Won't Let Me
- Young Rascals - Good Lovin'
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Kicks
- The Beach Boys - Sloop John B
- B.J. Thomas - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
- The Mamas & The Papas - Monday, Monday
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?