Friday 19 April 1968
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Honey by Bobby Goldsboro.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
Yours, Mine and Ours, directed by Melville Shavelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Tower Of Babel by Morris West was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1968!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1968 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Ashley Taylor Judd [Ciminella] in Granada Hills: California, USA; actress (Kuffs, Sisters).
- Mswati III: King of Swaziland (1986-present).
- Pascal Kleiman: Spanish DJ producer and songwriter.
- Arshad Warsi: Indian actor singer and producer.
- Thomas Nock: Zurich, Switzerland -- Actor (Tartort, Gemini-Twin Stars).
- Keith McCants: NFL defensive end (Arizona Cardinals).
- Brent Mayne in Loma Linda: California, USA; catcher (New York Mets).
- Roger Reinson: Canadian Football League linebacker (Calgary Stampeders).
- Ashley Judd: American actress who spent much of the early 1990s in supporting roles while gaining industry respect and a huge fan following. During the latter half of the decade, Judd became one of the most in-demand actresses in Hollywood, starring in numerous high-profile films including "A Time to Kill," 1996, "Kiss The Girls," 1997, "Double Jeopardy," 1999 and "Where The Heart Is," 2000.
- Tommy Bridges: American baseball pitcher (Detroit Tigers), dies at age 61.
- NL owners approve expansion for 2 new teams
- 72nd Boston Marathon won by Amby Burfoot of Connecticut in 2:22:17 (first American to win since 1957).
- Belgian construction workers strike.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- The Box Tops - Cry Like A Baby
- The Beatles - Lady Madonna
- Aretha Franklin - (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
- James Brown - I Got The Feelin'
- Georgie Fame - The Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde
- Sly and the Family Stone - Dance To The Music
- Manfred Mann - Mighty Quinn (Quinn The Eskimo)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 April 1968 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?