Saturday 19 April 1969
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Danelle Marie Folta and James Westphal in Oak Park.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures) by The 5th Dimension.
In UK The Israelites by Desmond Dekker & The Aces was in the top 5 hits.
Teorema, directed by Pier Paolo Pasolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1969!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1969 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Danelle Marie Folta: Hammond, Indiana -- Playmate (Apr, 1995).
- James Westphal in Oak Park: Illinois, USA; 10km runner.
- Carlos Reyes in Miami: Florida, USA; pitcher (Oakland Athletics).
- Marlene : French TV star, a top model, singer and actress, a great sex-symbol.
- Jesse James: American television personality and motorcycle builder.
- Andrew Carnie: Linguistics Professor at the University of Arizona
- Susan Polgar: Hungarian-born American chess player
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 5th Dimension - Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures)
- Blood, Sweat & Tears - You've Made Me So Very Happy
- The Isley Brothers - It's Your Thing
- Jerry Butler - Only The Strong Survive
- Tommy Roe - Dizzy
- Glen Campbell - Galveston
- The Cowsills - Hair
- Edwin Starr - Twenty-Five Miles
- The Zombies - Time Of The Season
- Steppenwolf - Rock Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?