Monday 19 April 1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Joy To The World by Three Dog Night.
In UK Hot Love by T Rex was in the top 5 hits.
Summer of '42, directed by Robert Mulligan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1971!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1971 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- You Hee-yeol: South Korean singer-songwriter (Toy).
- Gad Elmaleh: Most famous French humourist, actor, and film director, born to David Elmaleh, a jewish Moroccan mime artist, and to a French (Régine Aymard).
- Otis Scott in Gainesville: Florida, USA; 400 metre/800 metre runner.
- Charles Manson is sentenced to death for conspiracy to commit the Tate/LaBianca murders.
- USSR Salyut 1 launched; first manned lab in orbit.
- 75th Boston Marathon won by Alvaro Mejia of Colombia in 2:18:45.
- Sierra Leone becomes a republic, and Siaka Stevens the president.
- Vietnam War: Vietnam Veterans Against the War begin a five-day demonstration in Washington, D.C..
- Senator Frank Church introduces a bill providing for two or more Bicentennial coins.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
- Ocean - Put Your Hand In The Hand
- Jackson 5 - Never Can Say Goodbye
- Paul McCartney - Another Day
- Neil Diamond - I Am.. I Said
- The Temptations - Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
- Bread - If
- Tom Jones - She's A Lady
- The Bells - Stay Awhile
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?