Thursday 19 April 1973
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree by Dawn.
In UK Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree by Dawn featuring Tony Orlando was in the top 5 hits.
High Plains Drifter, directed by Clint Eastwood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Odessa File by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1973!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1973 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- George Gregan: Zambian-Australian rugby player and coach.
- Alessio Scarpi: Italian footballer.
- Patrice Estanguet: French canoe-kayak athlete, he is the winner of a bronze medal at the Atlanta Olympics in the one-man canoe 7/28/1996.
- Barbra Streisand records Between Yesterday & Tomorrow
- Steinbrenner replaces Mike Burke with Gabe Paul as Yankee President
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree
- Vicki Lawrence - The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia
- Carpenters - Sing
- War - The Cisco Kid
- Four Tops - Ain't No Woman (Like The One I've Got)
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Neither One Of Us (Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye)
- The Sweet - Little Willy
- The Temptations - Masterpiece
- Anne Murray - Danny's Song
- Donny Osmond - The Twelfth Of Never
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Dawn featuring Tony Orlando - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Get Down
- Gary Glitter - Hello Hello I'm Back Again
- I'm A Clown / Some Kind Of Summer - David Cassidy
- Little Jimmy Osmond - Tweedle Dee
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?