Saturday 19 April 1975
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Temoc Suarez and Nazarena Almada.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Philadelphia Freedom by Elton John.
In UK Bye Bye Baby by Bay City Rollers was in the top 5 hits.
Capone, directed by Steve Carver, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while The Moneychangers by Arthur Hailey was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Survivors.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hi-way or pedit5.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1975.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1975!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1975 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Temoc Suarez: Greenwood, South Carolina -- Soccer forward (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Nazarena Almada: Miss Argentina-Universe (1997).
- Jussi Jaaskelainen: Finnish footballer.
- Jason Gillespie: Australian cricketer and coach.
- Jussi Jääskeläinen: Finnish footballer.
- Hugh O'Conor: Irish actor
- Percy Lavon Julian: American scientist (Born1899).
- India launches 1st satellite with help of the USSR
- India's first satellite Aryabhata is launched.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elton John - Philadelphia Freedom
- B.J. Thomas - (Hey Won't You Play) Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song
- Minnie Riperton - Lovin' You
- Ringo Starr - No No Song
- Tony Orlando and Dawn - He Don't Love You (Like I Love You)
- Ben E. King - Supernatural Thing - Part I
- Sammy Johns - Chevy Van
- Barry White - What Am I Gonna Do With You
- Hot Chocolate - Emma
- Freddy Fender - Before The Next Teardrop Falls
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?