Tuesday 19 April 1977
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Don't Leave Me This Way by Thelma Houston.
In UK Knowing Me, Knowing You by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
Annie Hall, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Oliver'S Story by Erich Segal was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1977.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1977!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1977 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Thelma Houston - Don't Leave Me This Way
- Glen Campbell - Southern Nights
- Eagles - Hotel California
- David Soul - Don't Give Up On Us
- 10cc - The Things We Do For Love
- Natalie Cole - I've Got Love On My Mind
- Barbra Streisand - Love Theme From A Star Is Born (Evergreen)
- Atlanta Rhythm Section - So In To You
- Leo Sayer - When I Need You
- Jennifer Warnes - Right Time Of The Night
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?