Thursday 19 April 1979
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Knock On Wood by Amii Stewart.
In UK Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
Manhattan, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Good As Gold by Joseph Heller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1979!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1979 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Rocky Bernard: American football player.
- Zhao Junzhe: Chinese footballer.
- Nicole Raczynski: American wrestler.
- Antoaneta Stefanova: Bulgarian chess player.
- Matthew Pace: American entrepreneur.
- Challen Sievers in Downers Grove: Illinois; rhythmic gymnast (Olympics-1996).
- Mariah Billado: Miss Vermont Teen-USA (1997).
- Kate Hudson: American actress seen in the films "Dr. T and the Women," 2000, and "Almost Famous," 2000. For her outstanding performance in the latter film, she earned a Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actress.
- FCC raids and shuts down pirate radio station WFAT (Brooklyn NY)
- Johnson brawl, Gossage sustains a sprained ligament in his left thumb
- Following a 6-3 loss to the Baltimore Orioles, New York Yankees' Goose Gossage and Cliff Johnson brawl, Gossage sustains a sprained ligament in his left thumb.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 April 1979 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?