Monday 19 April 1999
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to No Scrubs by TLC.
In UK Flat Beat by Mr Oizo was in the top 5 hits.
eXistenZ, directed by David Cronenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1999
while The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1999.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1999!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1999 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 April
- Hermine Braunsteiner: Austrian concentration and extermination camp guard (d. 1999).
- The US Navy kills a civilian guard in the Naval Base at Vieques, an island east of Puerto Rico which the Navy has used since 1943. The death of the civilian officer sparks off a civil disobedience campaign throughout the island of Puerto Rico to protest the presence of the Navy on the island.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1999 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?