Sunday 19 August 1900
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
A Farmer's Imitation of Ching Ling Foo, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1900!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1900 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Olga Baclanova: Russian-Swiss actress and singer (d. 1974).
- Gontran de Poncins: French author and adventurer (d. 1962).
- Gilbert Ryle: English philosopher author and academic (d. 1976).
- Cornelis Zwikker: Dutch professor of theoretical and applied physics.
- Colleen Moore: Port Huron, Michigan -- Actress (Scarlet Letter).
- Jean-Baptiste Accolay: Belgian violinist composer and conductor (d. 1900).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1900?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 August 1900 and get them!