Tuesday 19 August 1913
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Walter B Jones and Willem Koppejan.
The Last Days of Pompeii, directed by Mario Caserini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1913!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1913 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Walter B Jones: (Rep-D-North Carolina, 1966-92).
- Willem Koppejan: Dutch astrologer, the author of "Willem Koppejan's Astrological Archives - International and Nederland & Vlaanderen," published in 1996.
- Alex Romero: American dancer and choreographer who directed Elvis Presley's dancing for the "Jailhouse Rock" and worked with Presley on three other films.
- John Argyris: Greek aeronautical engineer, one of the creators of the Finite Element Method (d. 2004).
- Peter Kemp: Indian-English soldier and author (d. 1993).
- Richard Simmons: American actor (d. 2003)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Last Night Was the End of the World - Henry Burr
- Sunshine and Roses - Elsie Baker & James F. Harrison
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?