Tuesday 19 August 1913
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Last Days of Pompeii, directed by Mario Caserini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1913.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1913!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1913 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- John Argyris: Greek aeronautical engineer, one of the creators of the Finite Element Method (d. 2004).
- Peter Kemp: Indian-English soldier and author (d. 1993).
- Richard Simmons: American actor (d. 2003).
- Alex Romero: American dancer and choreographer who directed Elvis Presley's dancing for the "Jailhouse Rock" and worked with Presley on three other films.
- Willem Koppejan: Dutch astrologer, the author of "Willem Koppejan's Astrological Archives - International and Nederland & Vlaanderen," published in 1996.
- Walter B Jones: (Rep-D-North Carolina, 1966-92)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Last Night Was the End of the World - Henry Burr
- Sunshine and Roses - Elsie Baker & James F. Harrison
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?