Thursday 19 August 1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Der Januskopf, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1920 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Lucila Engels-Boskaljon: Curacao painter.
- Paul Kont: Composer.
- George Patterson: Also known as Patterson of Tibet, he was a former Scottish engineer and missionary who served as medical officer and diplomatic representative of the Tibetan resistance movement during the Chinese invasion of Tibet.
- August 25 ampndash Second Silesian Uprising: The Poles in Upper Silesia rise up against the Germans.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- When My Baby Smiles at Me - Billy Murray & Rachel Grant (Gladys Rice)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?