Tuesday 19 August 1924
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William Marshall in Gary and Joseph Di Mambro.
Monsieur Beaucaire, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1924!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1924 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- William Marshall in Gary: Indiana, USA; actor (Blacula, Something of Value).
- Joseph Di Mambro: French cult leader known as "the dictator," a colleague of Luc Jouret in founding The Solar Temple Order, a cult of an estimated 300 members.
- Willard Boyle: Canadian physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2011).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 August 1924
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- How Come You Do Me Like You Do? - Marion Harris
- It Had to be You - Cliff Edwards
- What'll I Do? - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?