Tuesday 19 August 1924
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Monsieur Beaucaire, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1924.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1924!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1924 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Willard Boyle: Canadian physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2011).
- Joseph Di Mambro: French cult leader known as "the dictator," a colleague of Luc Jouret in founding The Solar Temple Order, a cult of an estimated 300 members.
- William Marshall in Gary: Indiana, USA; actor (Blacula, Something of Value).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- How Come You Do Me Like You Do? - Marion Harris
- It Had to be You - Cliff Edwards
- What'll I Do? - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?