Saturday 19 August 1933
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Dinner at Eight, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1933!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1933 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Bettina Cirone: American model and photographer.
- David Hopwood: English microbiologist and geneticist.
- Debra Paget: American actress with red-gold hair, big eyes and a stunning figure.
- Debra Paget [Griffin]: Denver, Colorado -- Actress (Love Me Tender).
- Vladimir Borisovich Alekseyev: Russia -- Cosmonaut.
- 47th US Womens Tennis: Helen Jacobs beats Helen Moody (86 36 30 ret)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 August 1933 and get them!