Wednesday 19 August 1936
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Romeo and Juliet, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1936!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1936 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Richard McBrien: American priest theologian and academic (d. 2015).
- Al Oerter: Astoria, New York -- Discus thrower (1956, 60, 64, 68 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Federico Garcia Lorca: Spanish author (Born 1898).
- Trial against Ljev Kamenev and Grigori Zinovjev because of Trotskyism opens in Moscow
- The first of the Moscow Trials begins in the Soviet Union.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?