Saturday 19 August 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
No Way Out, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1950!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1950 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Pavel Turnovský: Pavel Turnovský is a czech astrologer .
- Graeme Beard: Australian cricketer.
- Jennie Bond: English journalist and author.
- Sudha Murthy: Indian social worker and author.
- Peter Cardarelli: American musician, a tenor sax player in Europe since 1992.
- Giovanni Giorgi: Italian physicist and engineer (d. 1950).
- ABC begins Saturday morning kid shows (Animal Clinic and Acrobat Ranch).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?