Sunday 19 August 1951
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Randi Oakes in Randalia and Lillian Muller.
St. Benny the Dip, directed by Edgar G. Ulmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Kit Carson.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1951!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1951 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Randi Oakes in Randalia: Iowa, USA; actress (Officer Bonnie Clark - CHiPs).
- Lillian Muller: Norwegian model and actress.
- Jean-Luc Mélenchon: French politician who served in the government of France as Minister of Vocational Education from 2000 to 2002.
- Randi Oakes: American model and actress.
- John Deacon: British pop guitarist (Queen-Somebody to Love).
- Lillian Müller: Norwegian model and actress
- Gustavo Santaolalla: Argentinian singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Bajofondo)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 August 1951
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1951 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Les Paul & Mary Ford - The World Is Waiting For The Sunrise
- While You Danced, Danced, Danced (I Walked In With A Smile) - Georgia Gibbs
- Les Paul - Whispering
- Guy Mitchell - Belle, Belle, My Liberty Belle
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?