Tuesday 19 August 1952
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Quiet Man, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1952!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1952 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Jonathan Frakes: American actor and director.
- Mark Thompson: American writer, editor and activist, his work centers around gay issues, particularly spirituality.
- Aric Seidel: American noted family, the son of actress Jean Hagan who played Danny Thomas' wife for three years on "Make Room For Daddy.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 August 1952 and get them!