Thursday 19 August 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
The Egyptian, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1954!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1954 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Tim Hagans: American jazz musician, a trumpet and flugelhorn player.
- Oscar Larrauri: Argentinian race car driver.
- Alcide de Gasperi: Italian Premier (1945.
- Ralph J Bunche is named undersecretary of United Nations.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Cara Mia - David Whitfield (Mantovani & His Orchestra)
- Patti Page - What A Dream
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?