Sunday 19 August 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
War and Peace, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1956!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1956 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Cindy Nelson: United States -- Skier (1976 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Adam Arkin in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Lenny - Busting Loose, Pearl, Tough Cookies).
- Adam Arkin: American actor director and producer.
- José Zamora: Guatemalan journalist founded Siglo Veintiuno and El Periódico.
- Fay Crocker wins LPGA St. Louis Golf Open
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?