Thursday 19 August 1965
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Tomkins and Kevin Dillon.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Got You Babe by Sonny & Cher.
In UK Help! by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
That Funny Feeling, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Vital Spark.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1965!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1965 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- James Tomkins: Australian rower (1996 Olympics).
- Kevin Dillon: American minor actor, the younger brother of actor Matt Dillon.
- Maria Medeiros: Portuguese actress seen in films made in Portugal, Germany, France, the UK and the U.S.
- Kyra Sedgwick: American actress.
- Maria de Medeiros: Portuguese actress singer and director.
- Auschwitz trials end with 6 life sentences
- Cincinnati Reds' Jim Maloney's second no-hitter of year; beats Chicago Cubs, 1-0.
- Japanese prime minister Eisaku Sato becomes the first post-World War II sitting prime minister to visit Okinawa.
- At the Auschwitz trial in Frankfurt, 66 ex-SS personnel receive life sentences, 15 others smaller ones.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 August 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sonny & Cher - I Got You Babe
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Save Your Heart For Me
- The Beatles - Help!
- The Beach Boys - California Girls
- The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- Four Tops - It's The Same Old Song
- Patty Duke - Don't Just Stand There
- Herman's Hermits - I'm Henry VIII, I Am
- Billy Joe Royal - Down In The Boondocks
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?