Saturday 19 August 1967
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to All You Need Is Love by The Beatles.
In UK San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Some Flowers In Your Hair) by Scott Mckenzie was in the top 5 hits.
The Trip, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1967!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1967 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Jason Starsky: son of The Beatles' Ringo Starr.
- Randy Baldwin: American football player who last played in the 1995 season as a running back/kick returner for the Baltimore Ravens.
- Jason Starkey: British noted family, the son of Ringo Starr and his first wife, Maureen.
- Satya Nadella: Indian-American businessman.
- Khandro Rinpoche: Indian spiritual leader.
- West Germany receives 36 East German prisoners it has quotpurchasedquot through the border posts of Herleshausen and Wartha.
- A truce is declared in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- The People's Republic of China announces that it has shot down United States planes violating its airspace.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- The Monkees - Pleasant Valley Sunday
- Stevie Wonder - I Was Made To Love Her
- Aretha Franklin - Baby I Love You
- The Buckinghams - Mercy, Mercy, Mercy
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- James Brown - Cold Sweat - Part 1
- Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
- The Young Rascals - A Girl Like You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?