Monday 19 August 1968
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frank Drennen and Nikolaos Kaklamanakis.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to People Got To Be Free by The Rascals.
In UK Mony Mony by Tommy James & The Shondells was in the top 5 hits.
Hang 'Em High, directed by Ted Post, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frost on Sunday.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1968!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1968 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Frank Drennen: American singer, who together with Cindy Wasserman makes up Los Angeles-based vocal duo Dead Rock West, who play several musical styles including Americana, roots rock, alt-country, country, and folk-rock.
- Nikolaos Kaklamanakis: Greek sailor and windsurfer.
- Mark McGuinn: American singer-songwriter.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 August 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rascals - People Got To Be Free
- Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild
- The Doors - Hello, I Love You
- Jose Feliciano - Light My Fire
- Mason Williams - Classical Gas
- The Cream - Sunshine Of Your Love
- The Vogues - Turn Around, Look At Me
- The 5th Dimension - Stoned Soul Picnic
- Archie Bell & The Drells - I Can't Stop Dancing
- The Dells - Stay In My Corner
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?