Monday 19 August 1974
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alex Fox and Zubayr Al-Rimi.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to (You're) Having My Baby by Paul Anka.
In UK When Will I See You Again by The Three Degrees was in the top 5 hits.
The Longest Yard, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Autoverleih Pistulla.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Maze War or Spasim.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1974!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1974 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Alex Fox: Guitarist.
- Zubayr Al-Rimi: Saudi Arabian terrorist (d. 2003).
- Ryo Fukawa: Japanese comedian and singer (No Plan).
- Tim Kasher: American singer-songwriter (Cursive The Good Life Slowdown Virginia and Commander Venus).
- Anja Knippel: German runner.
- Andy Neate: Englsh racing driver and buinessman
- Davies: US ambassador on Cyprus, murdered.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Anka - (You're) Having My Baby
- Paper Lace - The Night Chicago Died
- Rufus - Tell Me Something Good
- Roberta Flack - Feel Like Makin' Love
- Eric Clapton - I Shot The Sheriff
- ABBA - Waterloo
- Jim Stafford - Wildwood Weed
- Donny and Marie Osmond - I'm Leaving It (All) Up To You
- Andy Kim - Rock Me Gently
- Wet Willie - Keep On Smilin'
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?