Tuesday 19 August 1986
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christina Perri and Sotiris Balafas.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Papa Don't Preach by Madonna.
In UK The Lady In Red by Chris De Burgh was in the top 5 hits.
Manhunter, directed by Michael Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Equinox.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Captured or Darius.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1986!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1986 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Christina Perri: Rock Singer.
- Sotiris Balafas: Greek footballer.
- Saori Kimura: Japanese volleyball player.
- Rúben Micael: Portuguese footballer.
- Car bomb kills 20 in Tehran Iran
- Two weeks after it was stolen, the Picasso painting ''Weeping Woman'' is found in a locker at the Spencer Street Station in Melbourne, Australia.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 August 1986
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Madonna - Papa Don't Preach
- Steve Winwood - Higher Love
- Bananarama - Venus
- Belinda Carlisle - Mad About You
- Peter Cetera - Glory Of Love (Theme From The Karate Kid Part II)
- Lionel Richie - Dancing On The Ceiling
- Berlin - Take My Breath Away (Love Theme From Top Gun)
- Jermaine Stewart - We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off
- Timex Social Club - Rumors
- Wham! - The Edge Of Heaven
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?