Saturday 19 August 1989
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lil Romeo and John Connolly.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Right Here Waiting by Richard Marx.
In UK Swing The Mood by Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers was in the top 5 hits.
Little Monsters, directed by Richard Alan Greenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Polar Star by Martin Cruz Smith was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cobra Triangle or Digital Champ: Battle Boxing.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1989!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1989 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Lil Romeo: American rapper and actor.
- John Connolly: American noted family, the son of John Connolly who was convicted of racketeering, obstruction of justice and lying to the FBI.
- Romeo Miller: American rapper and basketball player.
- Tadeusz Mazowiecki, elected 1st non-communist President of Poland
- Raid on offshore pirate station, Radio Caroline in North Sea by British and Dutch governments.
- Several hundred East Germans cross the frontier between Hungary and Austria during the Pan-European Picnic, part of the events which began the process of the Fall of the Berlin Wall.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?