Monday 19 August 2002
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brighton Sharbino .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Dilemma by Nelly.
In UK Colourblind by Darius was in the top 5 hits.
Mother India, directed by Mehboob, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Contest Searchlight.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cubix Robots for Everyone: Showdown or Star Wars: Bounty Hunter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2002.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 2002!
Which were the important events of 19 August 2002 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- A Russian Mi-26 helicopter carrying troops is hit by a Chechen missile outside of Grozny, killing 118 soldiers.
- Martin Strel is approaching Memphis, Tennessee, in his effort for peace to swim the length of the Mississippi River.
- Recent celebrity deaths: Al Ayyam reports that international terrorist Abu Nidal was found dead of apparent suicide.
- Extreme weather: The flooding death toll in Europe reaches 109. The Danube peaks at Budapest at a record .
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2002 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?