Wednesday 19 December 1906
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
The Story of the Kelly Gang, directed by Charles Tait, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1906!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1906 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- H Allen Smith Illinois: humorist/author (Armchair Detective, Low Man on the Totem Pole, Rhubarb).
- Leonid I Brezhnev: Ukraine -- 1st Secretary of the USSR (1964-82).
- Edmond Corajod: Chamonix physician.
- Leonid Brezhnev: Ukrainian-Russian marshal engineer and politician 4th Head of State of the Soviet Union (d. 1982).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1906 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Let it Alone - Bert Williams
- It's All Right in the Summertime - Ada Jones
- Sunflower Dance - Vess Ossman
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1906?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 December 1906 and get them!