Tuesday 19 December 1933
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Booth and Cicely Tyson in Harlem.
Queen Christina, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1933!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1933 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- James Booth: London, England -- Actor / writer (Zulu, Robbery, Revenge).
- Cicely Tyson in Harlem: New York, USA; actress (Roots, Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman).
- James Meadlock: American electrical engineer and CEO in charge of Intergraph, a company that manufactures workstations.
- Kevan Gosper: Australian runner and politician.
- Christopher Smout: Scottish historian and academic.
- George Jackson Churchward: British locomotive engineer (Born 1857).
- Electric Home and Farm Authority Inc, authorized.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 December 1933
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?