Tuesday 19 December 1933
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Queen Christina, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1933!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1933 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cicely Tyson in Harlem: New York, USA; actress (Roots, Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman).
- James Meadlock: American electrical engineer and CEO in charge of Intergraph, a company that manufactures workstations.
- James Booth: London, England -- Actor / writer (Zulu, Robbery, Revenge).
- Kevan Gosper: Australian runner and politician.
- Christopher Smout: Scottish historian and academic.
- George Jackson Churchward: British locomotive engineer (Born 1857).
- Electric Home and Farm Authority Inc, authorized.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?