Thursday 19 December 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Philadelphia Story, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1940!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1940 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Phil Ochs in El Paso: Texas, USA; anti-war folk singer ("Joe Hill", "War is Over").
- Daniel Denis: French homicide victim; shot to death along with his wife Marie Ange, his daughter Sabine and two granddaughters by his son-in-law, Sabine's husband, Stephane Bohain on 11/06/1992, 9:00 PM MET, Aubagne, France.
- Phil Ochs: El Paso, Texas -- Anti-war folk singer (Joe Hill, War is Over).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 December 1940 and get them!