Saturday 19 December 1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Patric Manchette and Syd Little.
Sherlock Holmes and the Secret Weapon, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1942!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1942 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Jean-Patric Manchette: Thriller writer.
- Syd Little: British TV series comedian who played in partnership with Eddie Large.
- Jean-Patrick Manchette: French writer, a literary and movie critic and co-screenwriter for the following films, "Une Femme aux Abois," 1967 and "Le Crime," 1983.
- Rufus : Italian-French actor, also known as Zio Vittorio.
- Cornell Dupree: American guitarist (d. 2011).
- Dennis Fitch: American pilot (d. 2012)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 December 1942
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1942 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Moonlight Becomes You - Glenn Miller & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?