Tuesday 19 December 1944
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tim Reid in Norfolk and Richard Leakey.
The Keys of the Kingdom, directed by John M. Stahl, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
On TV people were watching The World in Your Home.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1944!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1944 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Tim Reid in Norfolk: Virginia, USA; comedian (Venus Flytrap - WKRP, Frank's Place).
- Richard Leakey: British author and paleoanthropoligist, second son of prominent anthropologist parents Louis and Mary Leakey.
- Sandra Rozhon: American astrologer, computer consultant and programmer, tutor and WebPage designer.
- William Christie: American-French harpsichord player and conductor (Les Arts Florissants).
- Mitchell Feigenbaum: American physicist and mathematician.
- Martin Johnson: English physiologist and academic
- Alvin Lee: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Ten Years After) (d. 2013)
- Tim Reid: American actor and director
- Steve Tyrell: American singer-songwriter and producer
- Zal Yanovsky: Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Lovin' Spoonful) (d. 2002)
- The entire territory of Estonia is taken by the Red Army.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?