Thursday 19 December 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Beast with Five Fingers, directed by Robert Florey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1946!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1946 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Michael Elphick: British actor, comedian.
- Jean-Christophe Mitterrand: French noted family, the eldest son of President François Mitterand.
- Robert Urich: American actor on radio, stage, film and 11 TV series, including "Vega$," 1978-81, "Spenser For Hire," 1985-88, "American Dreamer," 1990-91 and "Crossroads," 1992-93.
- Robert Urich in Toronto: Ohio, USA; actor (SWAT, Spenser for Hire, Vega$).
- Rosemary Conley: English businesswoman, author and broadcaster.
- Paul Langevin: French physicist, best remembered for his work on the theory of magnetic materials.
- Noel Cowards musical Pacific 1860, premieres in London
- War breaks out in Indochina as Ho Chi Minh attacks French in Hanoi.
- Start of the First Indochina War.
- Viet Minh forces begin a war against French occupying forces in Vietnam, succeeding in 1954 with France's surrender at Dien Bien Phu.
- Frank Capra's ''It's a Wonderful Life'', featuring James Stewart, Donna Reed, Lionel Barrymore, Henry Travers, and Thomas Mitchell, is released in New York.
- At least 1,362 people are killed in an earthquake and associated tsunami in Japan.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?