Wednesday 19 December 1951
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Fred W Leslie and Mohammad Aref.
Rashomon, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hallmark Hall of Fame.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1951!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1951 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Fred W Leslie: Ancon, Panama -- PhD / Astronaut (STS 73).
- Mohammad Aref: Iranian engineer and politician 2nd Vice President of Iran.
- Alan Rouse: English mountaineer and author (d. 1986).
- Barton Yarbrough: Actor (Dragnet), dies at 51.
- Nazi General Christiansen leaves Nethe
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 December 1951
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?