Monday 19 December 1955
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley & His Comets was in the top 5 hits.
All That Heaven Allows, directed by Douglas Sirk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1955!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1955 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lincoln Hall: Australian mountaineer and author (d. 2012).
- Rob Portman: American politician, senator elect from Ohio.
- Carl Perkins records Blue Suede Shoes
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?