Wednesday 19 December 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Just Walkin' In The Rain by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
The Wrong Man, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1956!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1956 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Alice Barrett in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Frankie Frame - Another World).
- Phil Harris: American fisherman from Discovery Channel's Deadliest Catch (Born 1956).
- Tom Lawless: American baseball player and manager.
- Shane McEntee: Irish farmer and politician Minister of State for Food Horticulture and Food Safety (d. 2012).
- Irish-born physician John Bodkin Adams is arrested in connection with the suspicious deaths of more than 160 patients. Eventually he is convicted only of minor charges.
- John Bodkin Adams is arrested for the murder of 2 patients in Eastbourne, Great Britain.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1956 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?