Thursday 19 December 1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to You Send Me by Sam Cooke.
In UK Mary's Boy Child by Harry Belafonte was in the top 5 hits.
The Enemy Below, directed by Dick Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1957!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1957 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cyril Collard: French actor.
- Jean-François Rodriguez: French racing cyclist, who rode in four editions of the Tour de France and two editions of the Giro d'Italia.
- Liz Glazowski: Chicago, Illinois -- Playmate (April, 1980).
- John Gulager: American actor director and cinematographer.
- Kevin McHale: American basketball player coach and manager.
- Doug Johnson: rock keyboardist (Loverboy - "Get Lucky").
- John W Van Druten: US stage/screenwriter (I Remember Mama), dies at age 56.
- Music Man opens at Majestic Theater NYC for 1375 performances
- The Music Man, starring Robert Preston, opens at Majestic Theater in New York City for 1375 performances.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?